Purpose of the role: Keelings wish to appoint a Health & Safety Officer based across its facility in in St Margaret’s & North County Dublin.
Reporting directly to the Health & Safety Manager and working as part of a wider team of H&S and related professionals.
* Ensuring that management is advised on and understands all matters relating to the Safety of personnel, such as safe working practices, equipment
* Actively arrange to complete and review risk assessments, assessing workplace hazards, considering how risks could be reduced, formulating preventative measures including safe working procedures/safe systems of work and monitoring conformance
* Ensuring emergency response procedures are maintained and updated as required
* Carrying out regular site inspections & audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
* Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes identified, mitigated and communicated
* Provide Day to Day support to the Health & Safety Manager
* Assist with development, implementation and recording of key H&S Metrics and data analysis
* A good working knowledge of all relevant H&S legislation and keeping up to date with all developments in our industry.
* Minimum requirement is a Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety essential
* Desired Candidate should have 2-3 years’ experience
* Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft suite and you must be proficient in Excel
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent reporting skills within safety documentation
* Flexible to work outside normal business hours when the need arises
* The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* A self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative in a busy FMCG manufacturing business working across several Business Units and open to new challenges
* In addition successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to demonstrate problem solving and decision making abilities
* Must have own vehicle and clean drivers licence