Purpose of Role
Schedule and monitor the execution of labour for detailed daily production plans within an 24/7 production environment in conjunction with the Operations Team in order to minimise production time / costs and efficiently organise the use of resources and maximise efficiency. As scheduling occurs 24 hours in advance, you are required to be available to work any day of the week (i.e. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
- Support the compilation of the weekly staff rotas using the in-house Time & Attendance System, delivering the required skills resources whilst ensuring compliance with relevant Working Time legislation
- Amend weekly staff rosters on a daily basis for the next working day (i.e. 24 hours in advance of production) by category and production area. This will allow for the delivery of only the labour resources required by production each day i.e. the most effective and efficient use of labour resources.
- Liaise with 3rd party temporary staff suppliers.
- Consult, plan and schedule training for production workers in conjunction with Human Resources and Training functions.
- Compile Daily KPI’s and Weekly Management Information Reports as needed.
- Daily interaction with supervisors, team leaders and operatives to help solve any potential labour constraints as they arise in order to avoid negative impact to the operation.
- Serve as a day-to-day interface between Production, Payroll and HR functions.
- Data Entry
- Any other relevant duties deemed appropriate by the Company.
- Fluency in both Oral and Written English is essential.
- Intermediate level MS Excel essential. Advanced level is preferable
- MS Access experience would be an advantage
- Experience in Labour Resource Planning is ideal
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Good telephone manner is essential
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and proven problem solving skills are essential
- Must be a fast learner, ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexible working patterns (i.e. scheduling occurs 24 hours in advance and as production operate 7 days per week, individuals will be required to work any 5 days in the week – Saturday and Sunday included) and willingness to work additional hours if required.
- Flexible in terms of on-call phone support if required.
- Must be competent with PC, E-mail, MS Excel.