Purpose of Role
Schedule and monitor the execution of labour for detailed daily production plans within an 24/7 production environment in conjunction with the Operations Team in order to minimise production time / costs and efficiently organise the use of resources and maximise efficiency.
Manage team of planners so tasks are achieved consistently and accurately, dealing with issues and other departments requirements, both internal (HR, operations, commercial, finance) and External (staff agencies).
- Manage Team of 5 staff planners.
- Plan labour for packhouse a week in advance and then daily to ensure correct number of people deployed.
- Prepare weekly KPI report for planning department to show numbers achieved and key actions / projects ongoing and status on each.
- Review and approve payroll, control overtime, absence.
- Work with staff agencies on daily basis, dealing with issues as and when arises.
- Working Time Directive Review and Control to monitor compliance
- Attend & Chair meetings with staff agencies Weekly / Monthly.
- Carry out monthly planning audit of packhouse for time and attendance.
- Prepare analysis of all labour required in packhouse ongoing to ensure correct number of people in each area and allow management to make decisions on recruitment.
- Manage implementation of move to new HR system from planning perspective.
- Work closely with HR & Training on a weekly basis to ensure all training & recruitment is covered.
- Prepare reports for both Operations & Recruitment on skill gap analysis to ensure we have sufficient resources in the operations.
- Work with Operations to ensure Core Teams are implemented across all key areas of the operation.
- Work with Farms team to utilise Labour where available.
- Manage Annual Leave with both employee & management of the area to ensure sufficient breaks are taking throughout the year.
Person Specification / Core Competencies
- Knowledge of TMS system an advantage.
- Fluency in both Oral and Written English is essential.
- Intermediate level MS Excel essential. Advanced level is preferable.
- MS Access experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in Labour Resource Planning is ideal.
- Managerial Experience is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and proven problem solving skills are essential.
- Must be a fast learner, ability to work on own initiative.
- Comfortable working in a small team.
- Flexible in terms of on-call phone support if required.
This is a 9 month fixed term contract