At Keelings we know that with the right people in place, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth. We are hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, by promoting the Keelings Core Purposes & Values – People Matter, Teamwork, Integrity and Passion for Achievement.
Let us tell you more about this great opportunity:
Safety and Hygiene
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times. Ensure that all Machine Operators are trained in operating machines safely and effectively.
- Ensure that all Machine Operators are trained to maintain hygiene standards to Site Quality system standards at all times.
- Quality – Train Machine Operators to ensure that product is handled and packed at all times to ensure we supply our customers with product that’s meets the specification.
- Train all machine Operators to ensure that pre-operation check is carried out before using any equipment/machinery.
- Ensure that all Machine Operators understand the process in reporting machine defects.
Train and validate all new and current Machine Operators in the following-
- Ensure that at all times team is working to achieve maximum efficiency based on the defined machine potential. Refer to optimization tables as applicable.
- Change overs are carried out in line with defined roles and responsibilities and the formal process.
- Set up packaging for the line as required to minimize downtime
- Set up printers as required.
- Reconcile the recorded units on the weight recording system vs what was physically produced and escalate if necessary.
- Ensure correct programs are selected on the relevant systems inputting the correct run size including weight checkers.
- Organize and plan change-overs in line with production plans.
- Check packs during production to ensure finished goods meet customer specification in terms of quality and presentation.
- Ensure all scales are tared correctly before the start of every run as applicable.
- Plan and prepare the heating of the sealing tools in line with the production plan in order to minimize downtime where applicable.
- Carry out spot check on weights and record as required.
- Label Samples – the operator must ensure that the required label samples are being taken for verification and leave in provided folder.
- Packaging waste control – the operator must ensure that all waste packaging is collected in to bins provided.
- Cross check labels against raw material to ensure they are correct.
- Keep a sample of the film/labels from every production. Place in the relevant folder.
Training & Record keeping
- Review and update current Machine Operator SOPs with the support of Operations and L&D
- Update the training matrix for machine operators
- Coordinate training with the Planning department and shift manager
- Close liaison with the Learning and Development manager to ensure that all training documentation is completed correctly and all records are maintained for audit purposes.
- Close liaison with the maintenance team to ensure understanding of machine maintenance processes and plans in order to plan training accordingly.
Personal Specification / Core Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- To support, drive and identify continuous improvement activities
- Flexibility to meet and support the demands of the business
- Capacity and willingness to learn and undertake a Train the Trainer qualification
- Open to change
- To have ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Team player – strong communicator
- Supports and upholds company policies