Purpose of Role
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for, the Maintenance and Upkeep of High Speed Packaging Lines, Responding to machine breakdowns, Planned Preventative Maintenance and general repairs including Facilities repairs.
- Responsible for delivering a high quality maintenance service to production, must ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely and in line with the maintenance strategy
- Execution of the preventive maintenance & Condition Based Servicing program
- Providing maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports & participating in continuous improvement follow up.
- Electrical & Mechanical trouble-shooting with emphasis on PLC Based machinery.
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment, also pneumatic & hydraulic control systems
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services, including compressed air, & refrigeration.
- Perform PM routines/ Regular Maintenance.
- Closely monitor line & machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
- Work with equipment suppliers on new equipment installations & modifications
- Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), recording all changes, store transactions made & work carried out
- Maintaining Engineering Workshop areas to high standards and complying with all current Food Safety Legislation
- Responsible for completion of planned work, daily shift input of all works onto CMMS, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns
- As part of the engineering Team must adhere to a callout Rota system as per company policy.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Possess relevant trade qualification (Automotive, Mechanical or Electrical Qualification Required)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role in regulated manufacturing environment (POST APPRENTICESHIP)
- Possess mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and/or qualifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health and Safety
- Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving and Root Cause Analysis.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation and PLC control systems
- Must be capable of working both on own initiative and as part of a team
Due to our location it is necessary for you to have your own transport for this position
- On-site parking
Job Type: Permanent