The Procurement Manager responsibilities include strategising to find cost-effective deals and excellent supply partners in order to manage procurement expenses across a wide range of areas in the business.
This role will be based centrally in St Margaret’s with a requirement for travel to sites within ROI and the UK predominately.
- Manage the Procurement function across the company for non-produce services and goods.
- Manage associated cost centres as directed by Senior management Team
- Support all activities to achieve agreed targets and improve Cost of Good Savings initiatives.
- Conduct negotiations with existing and potential new suppliers to achieve pricing consistent with market requirements whilst also maintaining the required quality, level of service and security of supply.
- Selection, development, and implementation of alternate suppliers to ensure security of supply and maintain customer service levels.
- Agree commercial contractual terms for suppliers in line with Company guidelines and policy along with the key stakeholders internally associated with those suppliers.
- Review internal procurement strategy and identify areas for improvement and enhance current operating policies, guidelines, or procedures.
- Conduct supplier visits and evaluations to determine suitability.
- Implement or maintain procurement system of specifications, suppliers, goods, and services.
- Recommend or implement changes to the organisations procurement supply management and material usage policies and provide training as required.
- Prepare periodic reports of department activities for senior management and other areas of the organisation.
- Anticipate and prevent potential problems.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments and develop measurements for quality improvement and target setting.
- Develop a preferred supplier list for each area of spend and manage compliance to the preferred supplier list using supplier management methodology
- Review product availability and/or pricing information with suppliers.
- Develop and implement a cost reduction, cost avoidance, cost containment programme.
- Great Relationship Management and communication skills
- Leadership capability
- Excellent, demonstrable negotiating skills
- Methodical and systematic in your ways of work
- Detail orientated
- High integrity and honesty are a must
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Education & Training
- BS or BA – Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Operations related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CIPS, IIPMM) desirable.
- Ideally indirect sourcing experience within the FMCG sector
- Minimum of 10 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience
- Procurement process knowledge, agreement management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier management, technology utilisation, strategic planning, and integrated supply chain experience.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Spanish/French language would be an advantage but not essential