- We encourage and enable individuals to develop to their full potential within the group.
- We actively promote methods of communication which are based on trust, respect and dignity and consideration of the feelings of others.
- We will keep promises and do our utmost to honour time and other commitments.
- Managers will understand that the key to having influence with their staff is for their staff to perceive that they have influence over them.
- We will remember that the majority of communication is nonverbal and we will, therefore, use encouraging body language.
- We will radiate positive energy.
- We will be proactive in not allowing bullying and disrespectful behaviours.
- We will build on our strengths and strive to complement our weaknesses with the strength of others.
- We will encourage each other and recognise and celebrate each other’s successes.
- We will use positive language to encourage contribution and participation from everyone.
- We will make finding time for others and carefully listening to their ideas a priority.
- We will be completely supportive of the decisions of the team once they have been made.
- We will be active participants in our team(s), whether departmental / cross functional / cross company, and we will meet our commitments to the team.
- We will actively find out what other departments do and will understand the impact we have on others.
- We will be familiar with and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- We will act in an honest and trustworthy manner with our colleagues.
- We will consistently display the highest standards of professionalism in our dealings, internally and externally.
- We will only commit ourselves, our colleagues and the Company in the knowledge that we have the capability and resources to meet our commitments.
- We will exercise discretion in the use of information and be aware of the appropriateness or otherwise of sharing such information.
- We will manage the resource of time to ensure that we are focused on achieving our primary objectives.
- We will proactively ask for ideas and suggestions for improvement in our day-to-day work.
- We will support the implementation of ideas which have potential for improving the business.
- We will publicly recognise colleagues for their achievements and improvement ideas.
- We will create and maintain an appetite for change through innovation and product development.
- We will set goals which push and motivate us and we will show unwavering determination to achieve targets despite setbacks and obstacles.
- We will establish performance-related personal goals for each colleague and we will discuss and review these goals with the employee throughout the year.
- We will plan the future of our business in a strategic, analytical manner using strategic tools and processes.
Seasonal work at Keelings
We realise that coming to a new country to work can be daunting, but we can provide assistance to make your transition easier. Fruit picking can be physically demanding work but when you arrive, you will be provided with training around manual handling, health and safety, food hygiene and harvesting. We will assist you to get a PPS number (required by all employees in Ireland) and to open an Irish bank account. Weather conditions can be changeable in Ireland, but we will provide you with suitable outer-wear such as safety boots, wellingtons and rain gear.Accommodation:
Accommodation in Ireland is notoriously difficult to find, but if you require, we can help here too through our Staff Accommodation Placement Service. We have established a number of short-term rental agreements solely between you and the landlord which will be covered through local legislation. Through this program, we have a number of accommodations at different locations. While some accommodations are closer to the farm, others are further away but bus transport will be arranged daily to bring you to and from work each day.
At each location, there will be a variety of occupancy options and living arrangements. Most bedrooms accommodate two people but there are some single rooms and some that host up to six people. Please note that during Covid19, a maximum of two people per room will be allowed.
Rent will be paid directly to the landlord by bank direct debit. Rental costs in 2020 range from €95pw to €100pw depending on the number of beds per room.